How Many Loading Bars?

If ive installed a different start screen, it still has the bar and it seems tobe going at same speed of the other one, IS it the same as the normal boot screen? in terms of how many times the bar goes across lol.

On my amd computer that i have just reinstalled with xp it goes 4-5 times , not the best but before it could go up to 10 cos of all the stuff i had on it , its great when you reinstall xp and it goes about 3 times but after a while it just gets higher and higher as your comp gets full of junk

It depends on how many services, processes, and things of that nature are getting loaded at boot. If you streamline your system it reduces the boot time hence less bars.

ya its annoying when I first put in my raptor it went across one time now its up to 9.25 times across...I want to figure out a way to get it faster I know I remember seeing a sticky somewhere about improving startup times, if not i'll start a new thread

setishock said:
It depends on how many services, processes, and things of that nature are getting loaded at boot. If you streamline your system it reduces the boot time hence less bars.
yeah i know , i kinda never get round to doing that , i delete any unwanted software generally every 6 months but that is all , i always so i must clean up my system then i never get round to it

mine is a nice 5.5.

too bad vista doesn't have the bar by default... (or does it? now that i think about it, i don't remember.) At the very least i know it doesn't have its nice lookin boot screen on by default.

Back
Top Bottom