I new i shouldnt have.....

reodan92

Baseband Member
taken apart my pc, now it wont start up my keyboard,mouse, and moniter but the pc turns on.The only thing i did was take out the ddr ram to see what kind it was since i just bought it off someone. Is there anyway to fix this? (btw im new to computers)

Make sure it's in there snug. Take it out, put it back in, and make sure the white clips on each side are tight. If it's not properly installed in the least, it typically wont work at all.

Also, make sure that when you were moving the RAM, that you didn't bump any other cables/jumpers and make sure they are all securely plugged in

Matt

something as simple as a badly inserted ram can easily stop a pc from booting. happened to me once. at least its a simple fix :)

Same here, I was bored and decided to figure out how to take the CPU out of my socket A pc (back when I knew almost nothing of computers). When I got it back together, it would boot, but nothing on the screen would show, and there was just a red light on the front of the computer. Took me a while to find the one end of the RAM stick not inserted all the way.

Also mixing two different types of ram sticks will sometimes cause your computer to do nothing or boot, it's good practice to use the same company ram for all sticks.

I got 2 gigs of ram, both sticks are DDR400 cas 3
One is Corsair, the other is Mushkin. Sa'll good.

Back
Top Bottom