RAM errors?

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
I'm still having problems with my computer restarting so i ran a memory error test program in windows and i got errors pretty quick. The voltage and timings are all set to what they should be and is it possible for ram errors to make your computer just restart without a bsod?

i used to have a problem with that, but mainly its because i got an emachines motherboard and a high density, and i found out that emachines can only work with low density, i would recommend bringing back to the shop u got it from and have them check it out

Yes, memory errors can result in sudden restarts.

If you have multiple sticks of RAM, test each one separately to single out the bad stick. As most have lifetime warranties, you can return it for a new one.

ok i'll try the sticks separately tonight, is it ok to test for errors while in windows or is it a much better idea to use memtest from bootup?

It would be best to run Memtest from a boot disk. It would eliminate any errors from programs trying to access the memory while the test is running.

i replaced my ram today with 2 sticks of the same stuff and ran the same error test and no errors so hopefully no more restarts :):):):) thx for the help guys

No probs, but yeah, RAM is a pain. To me, I wonder where the errors are found. Could it be a Sillicon programming error? I think so.

Back
Top Bottom