Anybody else having this Live Messenger problem?

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
I always set my Live Messenger to remember me, my password, and my e-mail, but now whenever I turn my computer off for the night then turn it on in the morning, I'm greeted with this:

msnbe7.jpg

How can I make it remember me again?

I dont use it, but i would guess its in the tools > options menu or something.

remember me should work. how is msn starting up. did you drag the shortcut to the startup folder? that may be the problem. make sure msn is set to start with windows in the tools>options bit

It sounds to me like you have some sort of file cleaner running because the only way for it to delete your user name and password is if you have a something set to delete cookies/history whenever you turn off your computer

a have a disc cleaner running at startup and mine if fine. then again it depends what you delete. i doubt its that though

blackjack said:
It sounds to me like you have some sort of file cleaner running because the only way for it to delete your user name and password is if you have a something set to delete cookies/history whenever you turn off your computer
that would be my first port of call , have you got any sort of prog that clears cookies , passwords or reg cleaner , could even be a security suite like norton or mcafee , i know my macafee has an option to clear internet history and files at logoff

Could also be your .net passport settings if you use them. You can check these in users in control panel

If i run ccleaner it deletes my username and password aswell but i think you can configue it to leave msn alone (i think!!!)

You don't shutdown properly (I think that erased them for me once)
but like the others said, something is probaly deleting them.

Just had a thought what it might be, did your computer come up with box that said "DO YOU WANT THIS COMPUTER TO REMEMBER MY PASSWORDS" an you clicked no because i seem to remember mine did., if so and and you chose no it could be that its following this action everytime you shut down and clearing you username and password of msn, i dont know how to actually reverse that im afraid.

Back
Top Bottom