windows 98 and xp

lhamil64

In Runtime
Hi i was just wondering, is it possible to transfer files from windows 98 to XP through a USB cable and vise versa?

i know you can do it via a network, serial, paralell cable, etc. not sure about a usb cable. is there even a usb cable that connects 2 pc's?

well i took a USB cable and plugged it into both computers LOL!

i would use my flash stick but windows 98 wouldn't let me install it :(

hmm.. maybe i could try it again another way lol.

EDIT:
not sure where but somewhere i heard that you could i think it was on a google search or something.

you need drivers for the usb stick in windows 98, google them.
hmm must be a special cable. ive just never seen one with a usb socket at each end.

wow thats weird i thought they were the common ones. i got this usb cable with a 15 dollar digital camera ROFL

oh and i cannot get on the internet with my 98 because i have roadrunner and its a laptop and windows 98 doesn't support wireless

What type of files are you tring to transfer? Can you not network the 2 computers together, or have they not got NICs?

a lot of things need to be installed manually in 98, thats why you usually get a cd with cameras and stuff. usually has 98 drivers on.
hmmm i got a wireless adapter working on 98 once. well not sure if i actually got the internet. im sure 98 supports wireless. it just doesnt have a built in wireless scanner (like wireless zero in xp). so just get a third party one.

hmm... i wonder if i could connect the two computers using an eithernet cable i have an adapter for windows 98 and my xp computer has one built in.

ill try that lol

lhamil64 said:
hmm... i wonder if i could connect the two computers using an eithernet cable i have an adapter for windows 98 and my xp computer has one built in.

ill try that lol
THats exactly what Raffaz said. LOL

Back
Top Bottom