Wired Vs Wireless networks

just get a wireless router and connect what you can with wires. atleast you have the flexibility to have both then

Raffaz said:
Its aimed at raveboy, he was on about starting up a business last night (the post will be here somewhere) He was on about building hi spec computers and selling them on etc, and yet he doesnt know the basics like this. Would you buy a computer from him ? :)

Listen raffaz at the moment I am doing a PC technicians course which covers the building of computers. This is why I am considering building up well performing computers as a business. I am still a bit of a novice in this field though and it does not cover wired vs wireless networking - networking is a completly new field for me and havenot had to cover this subject area up until now.

So I would like a bit more respect from you and support during these early learning days of my networking.

Anyhow my field is the building of computers and networking is a completly different field.

Whats wrong with getting help and support at what ever level you are at?

Professional footballers, musincans and the like still getting training despite their skills in order to keep there skills well tuned up - whats wrong with me doing that regardless of my level.

So lay off Raffaz and give me a break!!!!

Raveboy said:
Listen raffaz at the moment I am doing a PC technicians course which covers the building of computers. This is why I am considering building up well performing computers as a business. I am still a bit of a novice in this field though and it does not cover wired vs wireless networking - networking is a completly new field for me and havenot had to cover this subject area up until now.

So I would like a bit more respect from you and support during these early learning days of my networking.

Anyhow my field is the building of computers and networking is a completly different field.

Professional footballers, musincans and the like still getting training despite their skills in order to keep there skills well tuned up - whats wrong with me doing that regardless of my level.

lol i see your point. well said :)

dude_se said:
ohhh i see. lol. i dont think i would buy a pc off him, unless i was a proper n00b and didnt have a clue.

No one is forcing you to buy a computer I have not built yet, any way if you did have a clue what would put you off buying a computer I built wihich was loaded with quality parts?

So what if I am trying to understand the best way forwards for networking.

If the potential customer did not have a clue I could sell them any old rubbish computer with under performing components and they would not be any wiser.

Raveboy said:

Il give you respect when you deserve it lol, and so far the only advice you have gave people here is to save their money on key components and buy a nice pretty keyboard. Oh and im doing the MCSE route but do i ask for respect from people here? Like i said its something you earn.

when i said i wouldnt buy a pc off you is because if you are setting up your business, then surely you would use a lot of cheap parts and make prices quite high, as you want to maximise profits.. and if i was a n00b who didnt have a clue this wouldnt bother me. obviously this is not the case from what you said above.
i understand you want to learn about networking. another thing is that most wireless routers have a speed of 54mbps wirelessly and if you connect through ethernet its usually 100mbps
edit: 3 posts in a row. the mods wont be happy, just a tip to save you getting into trouble. i dont think anyone will notice now we are on page 2 though ;)

got for a linkys wireless g router with speed boost
its also got 4 wired ports in the back
u can put a lock on it 4 secutity
when it comes to speed the only differens you will notice is when your dowloading larg files like a torrent

the more cost effective and secure way to go is wired, the most convenient way is wireless...

as with most things in life, convenience costs...

in the end, it's your decision...

and btw, I knew nothing of networking 2 days ago and now have my computer and my kids computer hooked up to a switch after many frustrating hours of trying to "get it"...

I now "get it" and looking back, it really wasn't that hard...

lastly, make sure you get a switch and not a hub, wireless or not...

Hardwire is by far the most secure. If you're connecting to a cable or dsl modem you need a router. Setting them up is a walk in the park. The onboard software in the router make look intimidating at first but most of the routers have built in help screens.

Back
Top Bottom