Is their a demand computers with critically acclaimed hard ware components?

Raveboy said:
We at HardOCP are sorry to report that this MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard has experienced errors in the field with overclockers. There seem to be some bugs that MSI cannot fix that are specific to this board that we never experienced in our testing. That said, we are pulling our award given, and advise you to look elsewhere should you be in the market for an enthusiast motherboard.

Anubis 1980 it seems you motherboard does not meet the grade with other external reviewers.

What is your motivation when buying hadware? Is it price or well rated components or something else?

My board overclocks great, the ram is quick, lots of options in the bios, not one complaint about it, the best board ive ever had. I bought it because it was a decent board, and im very happy with it, if u look around u will see contrasting reviews. same for every piece of hardware, only use them as a guide, not the gospel truth. Basically u need to make up ur own mind.

Raveboy said:
but the components will come with a 10-12 month guarentee which the buyer could take up with the supplier.
Well if i had paid x amount for a high spec pc from you, i would expect high spec support from you aswell. I think you should maybe do some research into what the other local computer shops in your area are offering, and then go one better than them.

Raffaz said:
Well if i had paid x amount for a high spec pc from you, i would expect high spec support from you aswell. I think you should maybe do some research into what the other local computer shops in your area are offering, and then go one better than them.

My other local shops just sell standard computers. So if I sell custom built computers then i am doing one better than them. i would also sell computers for three different budgets - low, medium and high budgets.

Any how whats wrong with a 12month guarentee?

Raffaz said:

Completly agree with that, i guess if u buy cheap u sometimes expect crappy support, but when forking out alot for a decent piece of hardware u expect decent help if it all goes pear shaped. In fact the GFX card i have had problems. Leadtek were absolulty useless even tho i spent a fortune on it, they didnt help at all. In the end the shop i bought it from helped me out no end, So now ill buy off that shop again and i would stay clear of Leadtek.

I would be willing to offer decent 'hi spec support' but the price would reflect the support offered.
maybe I could offer two prices for the same computer
1 = good computer with 12month guarentee
2 = same computer at higher price with gold plated support

it would then be up to the buyer which package they choose.

OEM parts dealers will not deal directly with your customers. As far as they're concerned, you're the end user. If you did not offer me a 1 year warranty then I would not buy from you. You can't pass the buck as far as the warranty goes. What if GM told you you had to get warranty work done on your car by AC Delco?

Raveboy said:
I was thinking about building and selling computers.

I was planning on researching hardware components and buying ones which magazines have given the big thumbs up too. So if the magazine choose graphics card X over Y and Motherboard A over B I would buy graphics card X and motherboard A and so forth until I have a computer which has brilliant hardware.

Once this supercharged good quality well performing computers were built I would sell them on.

Would there be many people out there who would buy them?
Just build any computer you want and sell it with a $600 keyboard....that'll make people want to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom