Is their a demand computers with critically acclaimed hard ware components?

Raveboy

Baseband Member
I was thinking about building and selling computers.

I was planning on researching hardware components and buying ones which magazines have given the big thumbs up too. So if the magazine choose graphics card X over Y and Motherboard A over B I would buy graphics card X and motherboard A and so forth until I have a computer which has brilliant hardware.

Once this supercharged good quality well performing computers were built I would sell them on.

Would there be many people out there who would buy them?

I always build my own systems that way, so im sure there would be others like me. The problem you will have tho is convincing people to buy an expensive system over a cheap one with poor parts.

The way i see it, if someone wants a pc with hardware that good, they probably know what they r doing with it, so they will probably be able to build it themselves, and will probably want to build it themselves. To me mid spec machines might be better way to go, still with quality hardware but might be more demand for them.

Raffaz said:
I always build my own systems that way, so im sure there would be others like me. The problem you will have tho is convincing people to buy an expensive system over a cheap one with poor parts.

I have researched hardware components and other non computer products and have found out that you don't always have to spend loads of money to buy a good piece of hardware. sometimes the cheaper products have been better rated than the more expensive ones. this is the case with Sony too. With Sony you are paying for the name and not quality parts.

So I would be able to build three different spec computers for three budgets.

Anyway not everyone knows how to build computers or have the time. this is where I would step in. i do the research, i ordee the parts, i build the computer and then find sell them in my shop.

If a cutsomer was to come in and there was two computers on offer.
1 = a factory build job with any old hardware OR
2 = my computers built to a very high standard for virtuaqlly the same price

Which one would they buy?

Well if you think you can make it work, then go for it mate. Its a sad fact tho that alot of people will buy a name over the quality, it happens all the time. And another point, can you offer the support that a big company can offer?

Raffaz said:
Well if you think you can make it work, then go for it mate. Its a sad fact tho that alot of people will buy a name over the quality, it happens all the time. And another point, can you offer the support that a big company can offer?
umm i think even my 7 year old sister can provide better support than dell...

We at HardOCP are sorry to report that this MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard has experienced errors in the field with overclockers. There seem to be some bugs that MSI cannot fix that are specific to this board that we never experienced in our testing. That said, we are pulling our award given, and advise you to look elsewhere should you be in the market for an enthusiast motherboard.

Anubis 1980 it seems you motherboard does not meet the grade with other external reviewers.

What is your motivation when buying hadware? Is it price or well rated components or something else?

Raffaz said:
Its a sad fact tho that alot of people will buy a name over the quality, it happens all the time. And another point, can you offer the support that a big company can offer?

I suppose I will try to cater for the more demanding buyer who knows they want a quality computer which factory computers can not provide but either don't know how to build a computer or they just want to delegate the task to someone else.

If their was a shop out there selling custom built computers then I know I would buy one.

I would not be able to offeer the same amount of support as big companies but the components will come with a 10-12 month guarentee which the buyer could take up with the supplier. Just like if I waas to buy a modified car and it broke down I would not go back to the dealer unless it was covered under warranty or what ever.

Back
Top Bottom