Got mugged, now the thief is going to sue me

GlasseyeUK said:
Don't be too sure about that, you remember that case a few years ago where those gypsies tried to burgle that farmers house, and he shot one of them, he got sent to prison over that.

Tony Martin was his name....couldn't remember for a moment

Self defence

It has happened to a couple of people I know also.....not to that extent and not being sued but police charges have been threatened...
Yeah i remember that case lol. I had a similar thing happen here once. I came in from a night out and caught someone in here. So i dragged them into the street kicked the sh*t out of them and left them in the road. Nothing ever happened from it, i never reported them for being in the house and their hardly gonna report me when they had broke and entered lol (Oh and they did have some money on them, which got took toward my damages ha ha). Funnily enough, my house has never been burgled since lol.

Also apparantly theres something where if a burglar comes upstairs while your sleeping, then your allowed to do more to them because its classed as intent to harm you or something like that.

Raffaz is right, if they break into your house, your allowed to do more damage, because when they do that especially when they know your home they mean business.

that really sucks. I would join you schools debate club right now (or start one). Also, when he attacked you, was there any way you could have called the police after you disarmed you, or would you have be mugged when you called the cops?

You could always play the "im only young, how was i to know any better?" card :)

In Texas your allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and I think your allowed to shoot anyone who breaks into your house, no matter if they're armed or not :D and they can't sue you for it because its a law

hascet said:
In Texas your allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and I think your allowed to shoot anyone who breaks into your house, no matter if they're armed or not :D and they can't sue you for it because its a law
yeah you can do that here aswell, i'm pretty sure you can do that almost anywhere in the US

This may not be advice, but this did remind me of a story my teacher told me, who is Vietnam vet and an ex cop. He just got off duty, and wasn't wearing his police outfit, so yea he was walking out of the police station and after about a block a guy walks up to him with a knife and tells him to give him all his money, so he says yes, and starts take things out of his pocket and handing it to him, it was all just random stuff, but he was doing it for a reason, so after the guys holding everything but his wallet, the next thing he pulls out is his gun and shoots the guy right in the chest, while the guys falling to the ground, he says "Can we just forget about this" or something like that and dies. Pretty smart of him eh? The guy was holding so much, he couldnt of grabbed the gun. He also told us a story when he upper cutted an old lady when she attacked him, but thats a whole nother story lol

He uppercut an old lady? She must have been crazy or something to get a cop to do that.

Well, after you disarmed him, you said he didnt stop there. He continued to attack you by hitting you. So if you hadnt knocked him out, what would have happened. Like you say, he couldnt feel pain, so what would he have done? Continued to attack you. Say you had no choice because in reality, you didnt have a choice. Either get stabbed/get the crap beaten out of you, or stop this guy. Like Raffaz said common sence, but I dont know what will happen. Good thing you are only 17 and not 18 tho. He threatened you with your life and now is trying to sue you!!??! Thats crazy, you have to win this one.

Back
Top Bottom