Dual DVD Drives=Dual DVD Burning-Is it Possible????

01tacomaman

Baseband Member
I am building my computer and I was wondering If I buy dual DVD burning drives can I burn 2 different movies at one time? Also I think I have tried this with a external burner on my laptop and it did not work and I was Using nero 7 ultra. Can someone guide me the right way and let me know if this is possible?

yes u can use dual dvd burns but u need ether 2 did programs or 2 versions of the same program up at the same time

Well I have nero but it says the same instance of nero is already running so I am confused with what to do

Your more likely to get errors by doing this. Why do you need to burn 2 discs at once, is time that important to ya?

theres been instances were i could really of done with two dvd burners. all illegal instances but it would of saved alot of time

It takes me over 2 hours to encode and burn a movie but if I could encode and burn 2 at the same time that would save hours. So is this possible or not without creating alot of errors

I cant see how its going to increase the speed much, your gonna have 2 films trying to encode at the same time. Thats probably gonna slow your system to a crawl, its still gonna take double the time to encode them both.

As far as I know Nero doesn't take use of dual or quad core processing yet...so having 2 cores or more won't make it go any quicker than a single core....I have burnt 2 discs at once, but I would never even bother trying to encode 2 movies at the same time, system gets slow enough with one!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom