7200Go enough for Windows Vista?

MooseMan said:
yea but also the 7900's arn't much money. plus the DX10 games and mainstream cards arn't going to be out for a couple of years, or the DX10 game anyway. developers have to learn the DX10 and then start developing the code for it. takes a couple of years for a good game to come out.
Except for Crysis and Halo 2 and Flight Sim X and Shadowrun and Alan Wake and Hellgate and UT3 and Spore and more. And supposedly at the end of this month mid range DX10 cards are coming out for both nVidia and ATI.

when are these games comming out? i didn't know flight sim X had dx10.

EDIT: regardless, i didn't know there were that many games with dx10 on the way/out, so i apoligise on that. but i think i will wait for dx10 to go mainstream for cards still.

Yep the 7200go will be more than enough to run Vista in fact, I have heard that even an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 900/950 which is the slowest integrated laptop graphics chip can run Vista Aero fine.

I have an HP Pavilion 6174ea laptop: which has the 7400go and that ran the vista rc1 very very well.

G9 said:
I decided to play it safe with a 7400 option.

Good chioce the 7400go will also be able to play most games at low/medium settings actually it also manages to run my train simulation games on the highest settings without much slow down although thats under XP, I don't have a copy of vista yet to try them on.

csbbspapp said:
7900 would be a waste of money right now, as DX10 cards are around the corner.
DX10 IS here. There's the top line cards. You are probably talking about diversity of DX10 cards.

esa193 said:
id go 4 a 7600 if u want to play any games at all in the futcher
7900 would be best tho
Yeah, but just one thing...it's a laptop. Can't really do much there.

Back
Top Bottom