Got mugged, now the thief is going to sue me

It is in the police report and also he confessed that he was on PCP at the time. He said that to try to get a shorter sentence.

You have to remember that this is a lawsuit, if anything. I doubt that he will win the lawsuit if he takes me to court BECAUSE I am a minor. The judge will look at the guy and dismiss the case. I have injuries too from getting hit in thye face. I might countersue him for pain and suffering and mental anguish.

Info on PCP that may help, in law, it's in the same category as cocaine, heroin, crack, & ecstacy, the maximum for possession is seven years, & one of the side effects is that the user can become extremely violent, in view of this, I would have thought he'd have got a longer sentence, not a shorter one.

Thought this was fitting to this post :)

Common Sense

"Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always
fair; and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge)

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Elastoplast to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing

hippie420 said:
It is in the police report and also he confessed that he was on PCP at the time. He said that to try to get a shorter sentence.

You have to remember that this is a lawsuit, if anything. I doubt that he will win the lawsuit if he takes me to court BECAUSE I am a minor. The judge will look at the guy and dismiss the case. I have injuries too from getting hit in thye face. I might countersue him for pain and suffering and mental anguish.
I'm multi posting I know, but I've just noticed your sig, get rid of that "F" word. right now.

Hey, someone has edited my signature without permission. It WAS NOT me! I changed it back to what it is supposed to be. It was supposed to be "one's, not f-ckers" Sorry Brookfield.

Also, I like your responses. Thank You!

EDIT; Gotta be sharp on here!!, someone mucking about, not funny is it?, thanks for changing it.

Brookfield

Raffaz said:
Well this could only happen in the US, i think its completely out of control how people sue for anything overthere. Maybe try countersuing him for something to try and make him drop his. TBH tho if your lawyers cant come up with anything, then i doubt that we can. If it goes to court your just gonna have to make a sob story up. Oh, and another thing, can you even talk about it, considering that its an ongoing thing? You need to tread carefully here.

Don't be too sure about that, you remember that case a few years ago where those gypsies tried to burgle that farmers house, and he shot one of them, he got sent to prison over that.

Tony Martin was his name....couldn't remember for a moment

Self defence

It has happened to a couple of people I know also.....not to that extent and not being sued but police charges have been threatened...

That's ridiculous. I'm guessing that you had no choice in that situation though.

Well, your not supposed to harm the criminal to a certain extent. Basically after you unarmed them like someone else said, your not supposed to continue beating the crap out of them. Although since he was on PCP that may help you win.

But the guy is on PCP, so he doesn't feel pain. What if he disarmed the guy, but still attacked him?

Back
Top Bottom