Ubuntu 6.10

freestyler105 said:
I don't see any advantages it has over Windows. You may say Linux is more stable and is more secure, but as long as you have some decent security programs and don't go on shady sites you're fine.

Plus, Windows is where it's at for gaming.

i sort of have to agree with you on that one. But I use linux for programming.

freestyler105 said:
I don't see any advantages it has over Windows. You may say Linux is more stable and is more secure, but as long as you have some decent security programs and don't go on shady sites you're fine.

Plus, Windows is where it's at for gaming.

-well you mentioned more stable. Haven't used linux that much, but never seen it crash.

-more secure definitely, yes you will be fine with windows if you have good protection and stay away from shady website. With linux doesn't really matter where you go and you don't really need any protection and you are fine.

-no rebooting. "Rebooting is for hardware changes" could be said from linux. Now umm, windows? "Rebooting is for making the computer work faster, for making programs complete installation, making updates complete installation etc)" Not that nice.

-open source! Means if something is wrong (a bug etc) it's going to be fixed fast, because anyone who knows how can fix it.

-umm, free software anyone?!

-and probably lots of other small stuff, like capable of detecting ntfs and fat32 partitions, also capable of writing to them, though with ntfs writing is still quite experimental. (now you try to detect ext partitions with win xp without any 3rd party software :rolleyes:.) No need to defrag the partition etc.

there are lots of advantages, though windows has it's own ones too, like I'm very familiar with windows, and games work fine. I still use windows more, mainly because of gaming.

I would love nothing more then for MS to open up the DirectX standard and allow Linux to use it. That would make my day soooooo much.

Back
Top Bottom