Kebabs Appreciation Society

istonian said:
So is the chili sauce from the peppers or the brown food chili with beans?
From the peppers.
The brown stew-thing you're thinking of is made with chili peppers, tomato sauce, and beef or some meat.

So do not get the brown stuff? Post a pic of the pepper chili sauce in a can or something.

If your going to use chillis, then you need to be using jalepenos or birds eye chillis, these are both hot. I think there is another hotter one, but cant remember the name off the top of my head. Just another thing, i know your trying to recreate a donner kebab, but the only way your gonna know what its really like is to come to the UK and try one for yourself :)

If only it were that easy for me. So what kind of sauce? I can't seem to find it.

istonian said:
If only it were that easy for me. So what kind of sauce? I can't seem to find it.
It isnt a brand mate, they make it in the shop, not sure whats in it, you should try the garlic mayo/yoghurt sauce aswell :)

We have no kebab shops on the Isle of Wight, pop 130,000, there was one in Newport once, run by two Hungarians, but it was soon closed down, they were scruffy, it didn't look like they'd changed their whites for months, but the youngsters piled in there every evening, then one fell ill with food poisoning, she recovered, but food inspectors found that their whole stock of meat that they carved from was off, rancid, they were kept in an unrefrigerated storeroom, samples were sent away for analyisis, & they proved to be 95% dog meat.

Back
Top Bottom