A Problem with Battlefield 2

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
Lately when I try to play some Battlefield 2 my ping has been unusually high. Normally it's well under 100 but lately it has been jumping between 200 - 700. My average ping in a game is around 400 because I'm always booted for my high ping (PunkBuster tells me that).

This issue with the high ping has just started recently. It played just fine about 4 weeks ago but these last 3 weeks have really seen my ping jump through the roof while playing.

I also play CS:S and Day of Defeat Source and my ping stays in the usual range (40-60) for those games.

I just don't know why it's not working on BF2. I haven't changed any hardware at all on my computer if that helps.

Anyone know how to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks guys.

I kinda have the same problem. No idea what is causing it, but it's not that bad with me. I usually have a good ping but once in a while it jumps to 500 or so, and then slowly comes back down. So I can play just fine most of the time.

You could always try reinstalling, seems to do wonders with bf2.

ya this happens to me sometimes, like i'll get kicked for having a 128 ping when the limit is 125 it pisses me off, but normally my ping is fine cause I have cable internet

You aren't running anything in the background that could be using up the bandwidth, right? You could try re-patching it or reinstalling it. I've never had this problem, so I can't help too much. Also, you aren't running wireless, are you?

yeah, i've had the same problem, but quitting ANY backround program helps. renaming the file bf2.exe also helps, but then you can only play on servers without punkbuster.

I still can't stand how they made Punkbuster kick anyone who changes bf2.exe, it helped with stuttering.

very weird thing for me is i have a download limit on my 1.5 mb brodband and when i play bf2 i get kicked for having a high ping. and when i get slowed down to dial-up speed i play online with 20 people the same as broadband. i dont no y dial-up plays better then brodband

^^ it shouldn't, tried it with the same servers? But the upload speed matters way more than download speed.

Back
Top Bottom