finally upgrading hopefully

convergecult

In Runtime
ok so the mb that i have in my sig i bought because i needed a quick fix and lately it has been a bit buggy and i have heard that it will not boot once 2 gigs of ram are inserted. so i think i am finally going to finally upgrade my mb to this one:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813135026

also a new sata hd :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152020

and then use my ide as a back up or even make it into an external.

i will also be changing my case but the one i am looking at is at my local computer shop. later i will get the extra gig of ram and a better graphics card. will my ram be compatible with this new mb?

i am aware of that. im not a hardcore gamer. i play oblivion and it looks good for me so im not to worried about that

It says it supports the ram speed u have so hopefully itll work, my advice tho is to visit the manufacturer website and find a memory compatibility chart, some boards r a bit picky :)

im downloading the manual for it right now so i can check. im going to be taking my processor and heat sink of my pc now should i re apply my arctic silver 5? last time i tried to switch cases i messed up my mb but im just going to put my new mb in the new case and then just switch the parts. it should not be that bad should it?

As long as ur careful and dont forget to put the mobo in correctly (ie check to make sure it isnt shorting) u shud be fine. If you remove the heatsink from the CPU then yes u need to reapply the thermal paste. Arctic silver has instructions on what to use on the site to clean the cpu prior to putting more thermal paste on. I just used a tissue lol, but ur sposed to use what they tell u, ie some sort of alcohol cleaner i think. Oh yeah and dont forget u only need a small amount, like the size of a grain of rice.

yea i found that out last time i did it it was all over. also my case was cheap and it was shorting and i got mad and well you know how that goes..but that is why i got such a cheap mb

Back
Top Bottom