Wireless Broadband......everywhere

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
I want to be able to hook up to the internet from my laptop everywhere i go.

I heard that verizon and sprint and some other phone services offer a wireless broadband card that yous tick into your laptop, and then you get internet anywhere there is service.

However, I know for a fact that verizon does not let you download or play games using this internet, and they will cut your service.

What i want to know is, is there any way for me to get wireless broadband wherever i go, WITHOUT the restrictions placed on me by verizon. remember, i want to be able to download music or play games. DO other companies offer a similar solution without the restrictions?

Is there some kind of satellite internet thingy i can subscribe to? Thanks.

you need to get yourself some satelite broadband do seach google for satelite broadband several companies come up do some research....

in the UK ornage, O2 and vodaphone do a 3g card that plugs into the card expansion slot on the laptop, the card basically contains a sim card and lets you connect to the internet for unrestricted browsing,

of course you have to pay quite a bit for the download.

and the speeds arn't great either, (sam e kind of speeds that you'd expect from a mobile phone browsing).

ssc456 said:
you need to get yourself some satelite broadband do seach google for satelite broadband several companies come up do some research....

This statement is WRONG. Don't get satellite broadband if you are constantly on the move - you will have to lock to the satellite etc which could be very costly or even impossible when your on transport methods such as a high speed train.

j.venning said:
This statement is WRONG. Don't get satellite broadband if you are constantly on the move - you will have to lock to the satellite etc which could be very costly or even impossible when your on transport methods such as a high speed train.

that doesn't nessisarily make his statment wrong, just not very convienent. it would still be possable to do.

i wasn't aware that you needed to lock to a statlite to use satalite internet? anyone know of a link to back it up?

I don't think there is an option for continual connection through broadband, it has been discussed in Manchester for having city wide wireless broadband, but I think the first pilot for this is going to be 2009 or so.

I am not sure if any other city has piloted this yet, satellite internet access will be stupidly expensive...

it's already being piloted in both Bristol and Bath in the Uk, (one where I live and the other where I work).

there are also plenty of bars and coffee shops around here that offer free internet access...

if you don't mind paying a subscription, you should look at http://www.thecloud.net/

that's the one that's used in Mcdonalds and stuff like that for their internet access, (and I think it works in places where you have T-mobile access in coffee shops like starbucks. (not sure aboiut that as I've not used it though).

Back
Top Bottom