P965 platinum problem

dadong

Baseband Member
my first question is that is an antec truepower 2.0 430W provide enough power for a P965 platinum + E6300 dual core + x1950 gt setup? with one 320gig seagate hdd and one optical drive???

and the problem is that the mobo is not getting any power (not turning on). i suspect that i got a bad motherboard, since my psu worked fine on my cfx-3200 dr. gonna get it replaced tomorrow.

so what do you think???

BTW it's for a friend and i'm here scratching my head on why it's not turning on.

lol hes basically using my old PSU. he ran out of money with all the other stuff so hes stuck with this one for a while.

ya i did it's completely fine. and i tried putting the psu on my computer to see if that was the problem.

totaly fine. so we are getting the mobo replaced and see if that will work.

You get nothing when you press power?? No lights, no fans spinning, nothing?

And the power button is correctly connected to the motherboard, right?

Is the motherboard touching the metal tray that it's screwed onto anywhere? It could be causing a short. Also, make sure the right number of screws are screwed into the right slots. You may want to assemble the parts outside the case on a non-conductive surface to be sure it's not shorting out.

Unplug all the components except the PSU, motherboard, CPU, heatsink, RAM, and video card. Then see if it works. If it works like that, one of the other parts is causing the problem.

Most likely, the motherboard is shorting out as long as it's in working condition.

i tried all of that......i got nothing. the people at ncix told me it could be because i'm using a 4 pin atx on a 8 pin mobo, but that doesn't make sense. it should work so i'm guessing the mobo is really screwed up.

i've seen board atleats post video with only 4 pins in instead of 8 so that shouldn't be the problem. i'm willing to bet you got yourself a dead board.

Back
Top Bottom