dual core? tooo sloow...help plz..

RAFDOG

In Runtime
okay now i just got a new comp...
dual core 2.8Ghz Intel 945..

now for some reason if i ran it for a lil while the 1st core will run at 25% and the second at barely anything...all togetehr both cores are at 15%...
now...i try and run say F.E.A.R and it will take baout 10 minutes to load the damn game...

where as some other times it'll take about a minute or less...wat the hell...
if im just on the comp now u can here the music lagging at random intervals...
that will usually happen after having the comp on after a while but i just turned it on and its happening almost strait away..

does anyone know why this might be happening..and how i could fix this..

Thanks
Raf

wat video card do u have?
fear wont run on any thing below a 6800 geforce

It could be a background tasks eating up your CPU. I was having problems with Speedfan yesterday because it was maxing my E6300 out for no apparent reason. All I had to do was end the process and restart Speedfan. Also, do spyware/virus scans, with programs like Ad-Aware and Avast!, both of which are free and easily found on Google. A defrag wouldn't hurt either.

you have the same graphics card as me (im pretty sure anyway). its kinda crappy. im not sure on the requirements of f.e.a.r but with a crappy card you wont get good results from a lot of games. i mean i can only run san andreas 100% smoothly on the lowest settings on my laptop, well medium lags a bit but is playable, high is just about playable, and the highest isnt enjoyable at all.

But FPS isn't his only problems, sometimes loading takes much longer than it should, and he's having slowdown problems just using Windows.

cabbspapp said:
But FPS isn't his only problems, sometimes loading takes much longer than it should, and he's having slowdown problems just using Windows.

yea i know, i was just making a point about his gpu. as mentioned above i would start with adware, spyware, virus checks, etc, etc.

esa193 said:
wat video card do u have?
fear wont run on any thing below a 6800 geforce
Yeah wrong fear will just change its settings for your computer to run it. I had a en6200tc hunk of crap just for a hold off until i got a better card and that thing ran fear great.

Back
Top Bottom