PC just built - screen wont work HELP!

jayboi20051

Beta member
Ok, i have just decided to build a second PC and for some reason it wont work. I haven't a clue why. This is what i have used

Colors IT 8027 Black/silver Midi tower 350W PSU neon +USB +Audio ATX
Aeneon 1GB DDR2 667Mhz PC5300 RAM memory
Lite-on DVD8900 Black 16x DL DVD +/-R/RW RAM oem (badged Philips/BenQ Corp.)
BFG 3D Fuzion GeForce 6200LE 128MB PCI-E
Asrock 4CoreDual-VSTA motherboard LGA775 VIA PT880 Quad/Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo PCI-E ATX
Intel CPU Pentium 4 631 3.0GHz 800FSB LGA775 CPU EM64T 2MB Cache Retail inc.Fan

I already have my HDD which i am aware i will need to format and re install windows. Now i have put all this together and the screen doesn't come on. I have tried the graphics card in another machine and it works. I hhave tried a PCI Express and an AGP card on this new pc. I have also tried different RAM just to test and it doesn't want to loca either.

Any suggestions?

The screen stays in standby mode (screen has been tested)

bets guse prossesor may not be seated right
and i didnt no pentuim 4 can go in a 775 slot

Pentium 4's are slot 775, just look at the list of processors the mobo he got supports and pentium 4 is listed there

mobo slots can be messed up...

happen to me awhile back everything was flawless and it came down to the mobo it self...i shipped it back an get a new one and worked great

It boots up i think it doesn't beep or do anything as far as i know basically all i know is it turns on. I even tried to start it without RAM in t to try and make it beep and it wouldn't. Any ideas?

What about the incredibly tiny and cheap power supply? These days the bare minimum is about 400w and from a good brand. It probably won't be the power supply seeing as the spec is low but I would consider that your mobo could be faulty as the standby light means that it isn't receiving any signal (maybe clean the PCI-E slot?).

Back
Top Bottom