Yay!!

Vista LOOKS good, no doubt, but it's just, I don't even know, from what i just read in my maximumPC magazine, it's crappy and not worth the money.

Jenox said:
Yeah, is it the one with the 45nm CPU article?

yep. i dont know if i mentioned this already, but the only reason im getting it is because i needed an official winxp, and the free upgrade sounded good.

ok, it came today, and i am about to do a clean install. It says on my manual that came with it that i can do a clean install. So i will try that and post with results!

ok, everything worked out ok, the install worked fine and was easy(just 1 cd/dvd). I had to use that article that raffaz had posted. You had to install vista, not enter the key at first, then after its installed, start the installation again within vista, put in the key and it works. Everything works great except a few driver problems. I had to go to creatives site for my soundcard driver.(that works fine now) There are no drivers for my wireless PCI card. Which sucks because i have to use a 50ft cable for internet. Oh, wait, i just got the drivers working for my wifi card. Now i have one little device left: on Intel(R) 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8
Besides the very petite driver problem(s) Everything is wonderful, everything looks great, I have yet to try some games. My performance score is 4.8 which is really good. Overall im really happy with it and glad i have it.
Please ask questions if you have any.

Let me know how the game performance is!! mine sucks lol. Also if uve yet to install the new nvidia drivers for vista, the beta ones, when u do check ur performance score again , mine dropped massively lol.

Back
Top Bottom