Boot Vista Out?

id personally dual boot if the hdd is a decent size. you may want to use vista again. besides it came with our laptop. no point losing out on it when you can have both :)

Pinging was done with no success, workgroups are the same, username and password are the same, file sharing is enabled.
My wife told me that the XP is not being seen in the network folder on the laptop, only on the network map. She said it did show up once and has not been able to get it back in there

im sure i got mine working. my xp account needed a password though to work if i remember correctly. vista found my xp pc then i had to connect with my user and pass from xp... or it could have been vice versa. anyway just go to the network bit and make sure all the boxes are ticked. it will then show you everything connected to the network. see if the xp pc is there.

i reccommedn to run vista on all your computers thats if it supports it... i woulnd't run on any lower then 1gb ram.... vista is a fine os... with alot of new stuff... i've benn running since public betas as my main os... no crashes yet..

I agree with you peavey vista is a waste of time, i tried it once and gave up, then just to see if it was mt better judgement i gave it another go(how stupid of me)it takes so long getting used to it, then i found half my programs were not compatible and it runs slow, takes forever to boot and apart from the graphics is dam annoying, but thts just my personal peference. XP RULES

Peavey said:
it is a big room hog. 6 billion dollars and they still couldnt get it right

well said. ive been having different views about vista lately due to it actually being released, testing it, etc. ive finally decided that after about the 2 week hype where i was fasinated with aero i kind of think its crap. maybe im too used to xp. doing stuff on vista takes longer for me.

Back
Top Bottom