A web site to Accompany Cforums.org

OK, not being funny about it, but there is no reason that such a site couldn't be hosted on the same server as the CF main site,

for that matter there is no reason why it couldn't be a subdomain of the main site either, liike reviews.conputerforums.org or something.

essentially, this is a good idea, and there is no reason, or extra costs involved with setting up such a thing.

a site is easy to set up, and to be fair, it's fairly obviously known that there are the expertiese in the people on this forum to put together some decent pages for such a site to actually happen. (i.e it's not like any software would have to be bought either).

in fact the only problems that I can see with it are as follows.

who will write the material? will they be good quality? will we get them fairly constantly? or will this just be something that crops up every now and again?

the second concerns after the amount and quality of material that are expected, is this.

will the site recieve enough traffic to actually make it worth while to invest any time into, (I'm not talking about my time, i'm talking about Davids time).

and if you laugh at that, thinking it doesn't have to be davids time, then I think you've also got to consider that whilst you're all saying that you can offer free hosting, or hosting from home etc, that's neither reliable, nor good enough for hosting a real proper site, and it also means that one person is going to have all the site, and data, on their home computer!

IMO, for this idea to work properly, the site has to be properly associated with CF, and it has to be on the proper server, (in fact I honestly don't see the point in trying to find another third party server, if you want the site to be associated with this site, then really you should be asking David to do it, CF is basically his brand, so he gets to decide what is to be associated here or not).

And there has to be people writing proper and real reviews/guides for it.

borat_sagdiyev said:
my ip stays constant, and my ISP can screw off with their rules. they are more uptight than brookfield (no offence)
Your "no offence" becomes "yes I'm offended" in my eyes, & what you said about your ISP & the rules, is way out of order I think, don't you like obeying the rules then? (no offence) ha ha.

setishock said:
www.YY2.com
That's David's site so why not use it? Later guys...
I'm not sure as to why there would want to be another forum attached to a forum?

I assumed that this idea was to try to set up static guide pages that simply couldn't fit properly within a forum structure, else we might as well just ask for a reviews/guide section here instead.

Back
Top Bottom