Video Card problem

Just had a look through the BIOS setup at HP. That setting you're using is the only one that I can see. You have a PCI or AGP video card?

Movieguy said:
I was able to to boot into safe mode with the card, so I did go back and uninstall the drivers...I used the device manager to do that, if you're curious. Then I re-installed all the drivers, restarted, everything going smoothly...

Then I switched to PCI once more in setup and...black screen again! :mad:
You said this earlier. Did it boot fully into Windows before you switched it to PCI?

If it did, just leave it that way and call it good. Don't worry about what it says in the BIOS, it should figure out which video adapter to use. :D

Yeah, but...I'm under the impression that once the adapter is in place, and it restarts with everything installed, that I'm still using integrated graphics, because my monitor cable is plugged into the same place it always has been, and not into the card...and if I don't switch to PCI on the BIOS, I don't see anything on the card if I'm plugged into that, even the loading screens when I boot up.

im thinking that its probly a powersupply problem
that card needs 250 wat minimum
300 to be safe

i had that problem when i first got my 5500fx geforce
and and bios is usaly f8

When I installed, and uninstalled the drivers, my cable was connected to the onboard...when I switched over to PCI, I'd quickly move it to the connector on the card after leaving the BIOS section.

And if the power supply is the issue, then what can I do to remedy that?

Shut it down, connect the cable to the video card, then boot and set everything up. It's a bad idea to move cables around while powered up.

But then, set it to PCI first then do the above. :D

Well, I've moved cables while shut down, and installed the updated drivers I was linked to...and still, this card will not display anything from my windows desktop outside of safe mode.

I'm now starting to think I've thrown my money away yet again...

Back
Top Bottom