Installing Linux

I tried it a while ago and it didn't work so well, it wouldn't save any settings or anything and wouldn't connect to the internet on my dialup modem.

Considering the Kernel is written in C, you're going to end up using a C or C++ compiler (like GCC), like it or not.

great thread. i learned something new.. and im sure it will help out a lot! long live linux

DJ-CHRIS said:
Ubuntu and Kubuntu are technically not Linux, maybe why their not mentioned soo much :p

Anyways I really like Ubuntu, only thing i dislike about Ubuntu is that it doesn't come with a compiler installed (G++ and GCC). On *nix i usually compile my own software.

Also installing webmin is a pain on as "apt-get install webmin" doesn't work.

Hi there,

Im just curious, why do you say that Ubuntu and Kubuntu aren't Linux? can you explain further?

------------------------
My Personal Blog: BusinessGeek
My Website: Pinoy CompuWorld
My Business Website: Build-21.com

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet as I have not had time to read this entire thread but if I have two hard drives could I install Linux on one and keep windows on the other? If so would it require me to slave my second hard drive and then use the second hard drive as a partition or would I use it as a master along side my original?

Back
Top Bottom