windows not starting

blackie48

Solid State Member
a friend of mine has a computer that worked what happened is he changed the montiors and the computer would not start in windows so he changed the monitor back to the original one and still does not start with windows what can he do to fix this problem any help would be appreciated and remember i am not familiar with computers so please explain your answers step by step and if there is any downloads i have to use a public computer so no zip files please

Just incase the new monitor somehow messed up the graphic settings, has he tried booting Windows in safe mode to see if it starts?

Its done by pressing F8 just b4 windows loads. Then selecting safe mode. If i boots then its a driver problem.

when you say it doesn't boot into windows, that leaves a bunch of possibilities. can you describe what it's doing. is it just stuck on that loading screen (the scorlly bar thingy) or cycle booting, locking up, or what?

well if it does not come up at all the monitor could have blowen the psu .. i think im sorrta a noob

i check today and turned on the computer it shows something on the monito so i know the monitor is good it goes throught the memory test and then it says verifying dmi pool data and then below that it says invalid system disk replace and then press any key what could this mean there is nothing in the cd rom drive or the a drive

What OS are you running? Are their definately no discs in the drives, and no external drives plugged in? If you have been moving the tower round so you could change monitors, then you may have knocked something loose inside the computer (doesnt take much). Open the case and check that everything is connected properly (make sure your grounded)

it runs the memory test and then says invalid system disk and there is not disk in the cd rom nor the floppy drive

blackie48 said:
it does make a noise so i know the hard drive did not dye

where is the noise comming from, the Hard drive? if so, what kind of noise is it? if its grinding, or clicking then its dead or real close to dying.

Back
Top Bottom