new computer

torment1979

Baseband Member
Hey guys what do you think?
This is my old setup, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, P4 3.0E oc'ed to 3.3, 4gigs DDR-400 corsair, BFG Nvidia 7800gs Agp, maxtor 200gig, in a Cooler Master Centurino case.
New setup, Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus, Pent D 805 oc'ed (well see), 1gig DDR2-677 G-Skill (4gig corsair xms soon), BFG Nvidia 7600gt pci-e x16 (1 card for now, 2nd by mid summer), Seagate Barracuda 250gig, in my Cooler Master Centurino, also trans planted sony DVD-rw, asus DVD-rw, and sony floppy drive.

I plan on upgrading to a core 2 dual late this year, but do you think its a good start?

I'll buy ur old ram ;) If it was me, id wait until u can afford the core duo instead of buying another processor and rather than buy 2 7600gt, id get a 7900GTX or even an 8800GTS im sure this is cheaper than 2 7600gt? even if u cant afford it now, sit on ur money and by the time u can afford everything u will be able to get more for ur money anyway.

its a great start but you should have kept the p4 so you could have saved a lil more cash and put it towards that C2D
you should sell those other parts that would give you enough money for a C2D if you havent already

Anubis1980 said:
I'll buy the ram ;) If it was me, id wait until u can afford the core duo instead of buying another processor and rather than buy 2 7600gt, id get a 7900GTX or even an 8800GTS im sure this is cheaper than 2 7600gt? even if u cant afford it now, sit on ur money and by the time u can afford everything u will be able to get more for ur money anyway.
no a xfx 7600gt is only 120$ on newegg

My friend is buying my old psu, mobo, p4, video card, and memory. I'm going to put it all in a new case for him. so i'll get a nice penny for it since the 7800gs is brand new. The 7600gt with the rebate is like 109 or so. I just want a base system so I can go big when the quad cores get up and running. Plus you can't beat the overclocking you can get out of the 805. And until directx 10 is fully used I'm going to up grade to a 8 or may a 9 series geforce when and or if they come out. Plus I can always sell off old parts any ways.

Back
Top Bottom