monitor not working

mikee

Fully Optimized
my monitor will not turn on at all but the little power light comes on and goes from orange to green when the computer is started but theres no picture. Any ideas on what could be going on here?

Have you got an operating system installed? If so, then what were you doing before the problem started?

ya vista is installed, nothong will appear at all but it still looks like the monitor is getting a signal. I just left it running and went to town, there were no programs running and when I got back the monitor went all one shade of grey then nothing after that, just went black.

Have you done the obvious, like checking for loose cables and making sure everything is seated properly?

I know everything inside the ocmputer is seated, I took the video card out , cleaned it and it looks ok put it back in then tried my 14 year old crt monitor and that works so I am posative that it is my monitor. Although I do not want to use this old monitor for long because it is small and flickers alot. but what I don't know is if monitors can easily be fixed

you sure someone hasnt set it so that its 100% dark or something, so it appears totally black?

yes, I can hit the menu button while it is on and nothing pops up at all.

Back
Top Bottom