Bsod!! Irql_not_less_or_equal

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I keep getting this blue screen of death. it only happens when using azureus and only when azureus is downloading more than at 150Kb:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means that an application with a lower priority is trying to take CPU time away from an application with higher priority. The higher priority process may be an important system application that the machine can't run without, so Windows may not allow it to happen.

Go through the steps at this link and in your case maybe starting with A Stop 0x0A error after Windows XP is already installed.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314063&sd=RMVP

It could be an issue of overheating as well. Make sure that your CPU's heatsink isn't clogged. Processors do funny things when they get heat stroke.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.html

Hope this helps any.

More info? What OS? Has it always happened? What were you doing on the pc before this started happening? Is it a clean install or a working installation? Have you updated any drivors prior to this happening?

if your using dlink wireless you can expect taht. i have just gotten rid of all three of my dlink wireless cards because of it. all were different modles, and all caused BSOD's with the same message, and pointed to their drivers, no matter what version driver i used.

thinking about it i have just got a new netgear wireless adaptor. maybe that has something to do with it. might try installing the old back before i try anything else

yes, if you just installed that before the BSOD's started, i'd uninstall it and see what happens.

right bringing up an old thread here but i finally pulled my finger and reinstalled my old belkin usb wireless. going good for a good couple of days and then last night same bsod came up. just going to have a look at those steps steff posted now

I'd check for actual up to date drivers for the NIC. It's something with the net.

Back
Top Bottom