Please help

superman22x

Golden Master
Please help me with my computer

hi i am having a problem with a computer ok the problem is when i turn it on it says cpu fan error but the fan is fine and pluged in and then it boots and the screen just stays black so i dont know what is wrong with this thing its not the processer and idk if its the hard drive so could someone please help so i can figure iut whats wrong with this thing

Is the HSF fan plugged into the FAN1 header? Also make sure then fan is clean and spinning properly. Sometimes they look to be fine, but are operating at too low of an PRM. You should be able to monitor it in the BIOS.

thanks but the fan is pluged ib fine and the rpm is fine but it says error 514 cpu chassis or fan not detected that what it says then if u hit f1 to boot it just goes black

I got the same error before. Are you sure the fan is plugged into the motherboard, not just the PSU??

If not, then you can just do what Atomic Rooster said. It works, but then you can't view the RPM in Windows.

I hod the same poblem when I build my computer. I plugged the cpu fan into the chasis fan1 slot. I moved it over to cpu fan, and all way good.

dont bypass because if you do have a fan failure you will do damage to your compents for sure and make sure your chassis fan is plugged in and running fine might be a problem with your bios try flashing it

Is the clamp down for the cpu? i think they all have one do they? i know my AMD does, anyway someone else had this problem and it was because the clamp wasnt down. Also have u tried resetting the bios.

No I havent done anything wiith the bios and dont think I should. Its dell and its not mine, my parents, but I am not sure what the problem is I will check and see if it is plugged into the mobo now.

Nope not plugged into the mobo, but there is not the right kinda of plug to plug it into the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom