cant resize a partition

dude_se

Proper Legend
i started by resizing my c drive to make a v partition for vista. now i resized v and make a g partition for any guests that use my laptop. i only wanted that to be 250mb so i still have about 3gb unallocated left over. it wont let me increase my c anymore, even though theres unallocated space (sorry about all these letters). heres a screenshot:

2dv2xde.jpg

if your running the trial version it wont let you do that i suggest you chose one OS unless you dont do any games or have many apps because thats a small HD and vista takes up like 10gigs. and it will probaly screw up your system thats what happened on my dads laptop when i tried to merge partions. try making a new partion with that 3gigs then try to merge partitons

i tried that ^^ failed lol. i know its a small hdd. it was cheap and i figured i could go external. i want vista to stay atm. never know when ill need it.
edit: it isnt a trial either

pretty sure thats a feature that they say it might not work in certain situations this is probaly one of them because that hd has an extened partiton on it use tht 3gig partition for music thats what i do expect i got a 10gig partion 130gig for data and 40gig for my windows xp good when one partiton crashes and you have to reinstall i can get my music back

yea i know. i might just make a recovery partition with it. store all my data on there, and just link to it off xp. then reformatting will be easy. i just dont want a load of buggered up partitions... hmm

Back
Top Bottom