now this is nice

I've seen those before, but it's the electical interference i was wondering about that would have an effect on the speed of the connection. i'm sure they are protected against dirty power, but since i have'nt checked into that...one can guess.

Yeah we have a few at college. The computers that are connected to them do seem slower though..

Hm.. thats pretty cool, I wonder how good they are. If anyone has one share how well the work with gaming.

i saw them a couple months ago , apparently though if you live in a block of fllats in some cases your neibours can steal your internet
it probably depends on wiring , that would be good in big places like hotels that have free access to guests cos sometimes wireless isnt good enough to extend all the way accross a large hotel

Yeah, that's not exactly new. It is cool though. I might use that rather than running Ethernet cables through my house if I want to put a computer in the basement since the wireless signal isn't very good down there.

The only drawback is that it's expensive, 50 feet of CAT5 cable only costs ~$15 now.

This set has a better price, but I don't know what that means for quality:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124152

I don't get a good signal in my basement. If I buy a better card though, I might be able to get something better.

Back
Top Bottom