build a pc

wow, a guy on the tuniq page reviewing says he got his E6400 to 3.4ghz ^^

will i need bigger psu if im going to overclock it?

i was thinking of getting this fan, is it good value? or or would the tuniq tower+arctic silver5 be better(roughly the same price)?: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=505971
it says: All other features and benefits same as CNPS9700-LED
and in the CNPS9700-LED special features section it says: Supplied with Zalman's thermal paste, ZM-STG1

i was going to buy arctic silver 5, but as im getting this stuff for free, should i stick with it? is it as good as arctic silver or close?

I didn't use Zalmans thermal paste. I bought Arctic 5 silver for it. I'm sure the Zalmans would have done alright but Arctic 5 silver is the best thermal paste available. Ya 3.4ghz is a pretty sweet OC on a E6400. Alot of overclocking has to do with your mobo as well. I probally screwed up when I got mine the Asus P5E seems to do alot better overclocking. Thats were the clocking mainly lies how far you can push your FSB. All the cpu cooler does is keep it colder to give you a higher window as far as temps go. If you knock 10C off going aftermarket thats 10C more you have to up your Vcore and push it further.

really? so what should i expect to get my E6600 up to? if he can get his E6400 to 3.4ghz?

i think the only better motherboard i can buy that does sli is the striker.

think im gonna stick with the zalman paste. itl only be 2-3 degrees drop at most if i take arctic wont it?

iv started building it and i cannot find the power LED connector for the little motherboard pannel, i can find the power sw and reset sw and hdd LED though.
can anyone help?

also, when iv installed the cpu, i have to apply a great deal of pressure on the metal lever to get it under it's retention clip again. is this normal? i really dont want to crush my cpu

do these fans:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=505971
need the backplate, as iv allready screwed down my motherboard :S

Back
Top Bottom