Does spelling REALLY matter? Hmmm...

Spelling has always been important with me, I can scan down a newspaper column quite quickly, & as I go down rapidly, you can almost hear brakes squealing, when I see something misspelt, before anyone gives me a link to posts where I did spell something badly, I'm a terrible typist, & I do screw up badly sometimes!

Spelling is very important. You'd look like a retard if you went around spelling everything like that.

I could read that decent, but some words I had to look at twice and figure out. I'd hate to have to read everything like that.

That is pretty good like, I read it straight away, pretty weird :p

EDIT; Yes, but you wouldn't want to read that all the time I'll bet, several members used to use a sort of "textspeak", until some members & I, asked them to use normal "speech", which they did, there are still some who put "U" instead of "you" etc, that's not too bad, with the others, nearly their whole posts were indicipherable [sp?]

Brookfield

I usually hate text speak, though I am known to use a few achronyms on forums, (such as IMO, AFAIK). never use lol, can hardly stand it.

text messages on the other hand, I always spell correctly and punctuate fully,

everyone has the occasional typo, I have more than enough to my name here, (more when I've been drinking0, sometimes, (especially if I rush), I've been known to make so many typos that I've actually editted posts to fix them!

Hmm...stupid people who cant write out english :) but yeah..this was posted on my Geometry teachers door...amazing though.

EDIT: Ur, what???, no link!

Brookfield

The point is that it's interesting and does spelling has an substantial necessity once you gain a comprehensive vocabulary.

Haha, I get mad if I spell too many things wrong...one of my many OCD complexes. And I almost always check my spelling in my posts with Firefox before posting. But you've got the 4th place-er in the 3rd grade New York State spelling bee here!! :cool:

I think it matters, people won't respect you very much if you spell like that.

I always make sure everything I type in a forum, and even when I'm instant messaging someone, is spelled correctly. I pride myself on being a good speller and using proper grammar.

I feel you have to do that if you want to come off as an intellegent human being.

Back
Top Bottom