How well will I be able to run UT3?

They probably said EQL 5.6GHz which is just Equivalent to. Technically it's not false advertisement.

I'm sorry, but a 3ghz dual core processor is just a 3ghz dual core processor. It will not run single-threaded applications at the same speed a 5.6ghz single core would. Whoever told you otherwise is completely full of $#!t.

Anyway, thats a pretty solid system. It should run UT3 fairly well.

I don't think it will run UT3 at high resolutions. But it will run. And yeah,that 5.6Ghz is crap.

A lot of shops have been getting in trouble for saying that, its not on, people who dont 100% understand dual cores ( i didnt a while back ) will be taken in by it.

this is how you explain a dual core

You are baking a cake. Using one mixer will take longer to make all the batter to bake. Using two mixer will cut down the time by half because both are doing the work so less time to make all the batter.

same with dual core processors.

Listen, I of course know that a P4 dual core (Pentium D) running with two 3Ghz cores doesn;t mean that runs at 5.6Ghz, I just said this because two different sources told me this:
-The company from which I bought it, MDG, the largest computer retailer in Canada.
-Gamespot's "Can You Run It" software, where it breaks down your system specs.
But yeah, I understand how dual cores work. Same clock, more bus.

Lol Jenox, if your serious about ur envy, thanks :p. And yes, I'm hoping it runs UT3 on high with good fps. I mean the only better Nvidia cards are the 8800 series and 7950gx2.

tomirlik said:
Listen, I of course know that a P4 dual core (Pentium D) running with two 3Ghz cores doesn;t mean that runs at 5.6Ghz, I just said this because two different sources told me this:
-The company from which I bought it, MDG, the largest computer retailer in Canada.

Lol Jenox, if your serious about ur envy, thanks :p. And yes, I'm hoping it runs UT3 on high with good fps. I mean the only better Nvidia cards are the 8800 series and 7950gx2.
There's a huge difference between the 7xxx and lower series and the 8xxx series. That is DirectX 10. It's basically a new technology that allows for way more advanced graphics. Only the 8xxx and eventually higher series cards will support this. You also need Windows Vista. It is not possible to update your current card to support it.

Look at this picture for what I mean. Crysis is a game that's coming out for DirectX 10:
comparison018mx4df.jpg

So basically, your computer will run it, but not at the game's full potential.

HOLY SHI-, those are some insane graphics.

I understand that, and I know that directx10 is not supported by 7 series, but since I wont pay for a 8800 and don't have Vista, I don't really care now. However, I am saying is that when I put the game on high settings, even though I won't see all the potential, will I get a gold fps.

Oh, and when the hell is ATI gonna get around to releasing its line of d10 cards?

tomirlik said:

holy fuck....dont believe what MDG says dude...never

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDG_Computers

Back
Top Bottom