Formatting in sig's

David Lindon said:
If you allow formatting then everything else comes with it aswell so it gets a bit more complicated than that

VB code works if it's turned on. It's not as snappy as HTML code but it works. It would let you format text. But I have to agree it would make things messy if taken to an extreme. But as for Html let me put it like this>>>

Ok one more time with feeling. HTML makes a forum vunerable to HTML hacks and attacks. If you turn it on malicious code can be introduced in to the forum software and it's game over.
I feel David is trying to be tactful by saying what he did. I won't be so polite.
If you turn on HTML you're asking for major league trouble.
It's a security risk most forum operater/owners rather not take.

when i say formatting I mean [codes] like that.

not <html>

The use of tags for color, size, alignment, size etc.

Nothing out side of the vb edit panel.

Oh I know how to do it, but I'm saying he's making reference to the tags within his sig.

Typing in colors is the cool thing now.

Add some bold and you look really really cool!.

i think people should stick to using black in posts, maybe a bit of colour could be tollerated and just have the chance to change our sigs to whatever we want.

Jenox said:
Typing in colors is the cool thing now.

you honestly think that having typing like this underneath every post isnt offputting and messy?? i think it looks stupid, and would just make the forum a mess, its fine as it is.. if it aint broke, dont fix it...

Back
Top Bottom