OMG, Microsoft technical support going down the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
microsoft tech support was crappy when it was in Ireland too. so it's not a new thing!

thats why the first thing I always say is "I'm a computer whiz. I built my own computer, and have read the manuel. Could I please have some help." But that still doesn't always work.

It's way cheaper to send the tech support overseas for these companies. Unfortunately for us, they don't know jack and can't solve your problem. Oh well, anything to make more money I guess.

D-Lew said:
I hate calling customer service, but I was really really pleased with my experience with Linksys, they did a really good job.
Why they made the router setup so bass ackwards in the first place is beyond me, though.

Linksys routers are soo damned easy to setup now, the only easier ones are D-Link.

Anyways i hate outsourcing. My ISP outsourced and the customer support is horrendous...

^It was the WRT300N, and their easy setup software did not work with it (like seriously one of the only ones not on the list), I had to go into a command prompt and change so much stuff to get it running.

The second one my family got was a wireless g and it was supported by the easy setup software, worked like a charm and took like all of 2 minutes.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Linksys routers are soo damned easy to setup now, the only easier ones are D-Link.

Anyways i hate outsourcing. My ISP outsourced and the customer support is horrendous...

Yeah I once got some weird Indian sounding lady, was sooo hard to understand what was being said. I feel ya on that one...

i've tried dlink before and all i got were people who kept sending me to the wrong department (i needed an RMA conformation number)

but if you think MS is bad (i've delt with them before too, and got the same results) try talking to dell. their tech support people don't even know that when a hard drive is clicking loudly that a hard drive is dead or dying. he tried to convice me that it was a virus. I told him to put me on hold to either 1) look up what a clicking hard drive is and come back to me, or 2) get me his supervisior. needless to say, i got his supervisor.

celegorm said:
i've tried dlink before and all i got were people who kept sending me to the wrong department (i needed an RMA conformation number)

but if you think MS is bad (i've delt with them before too, and got the same results) try talking to dell. their tech support people don't even know that when a hard drive is clicking loudly that a hard drive is dead or dying. he tried to convice me that it was a virus. I told him to put me on hold to either 1) look up what a clicking hard drive is and come back to me, or 2) get me his supervisior. needless to say, i got his supervisor.
what his supervisor say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom