How well will I be able to run UT3?

tomirlik

In Runtime
I have a Pentium-D 3.0Ghz @5.6Ghz, 2G DDR2 Kingston RAM, and a 512mb Geforce 7950gt overclocked.

tomirlik said:
I have a Pentium-D 3.0Ghz @5.6Ghz, 2G DDR2 Kingston RAM, and a 512mb Geforce 7950gt overclocked.
should play ok
and who told you the proc was 5.6ghz , that is one hell of an overclcok

Yeah, there's no way you got there without phase change cooling or something intense like that.

And it should play just fine. The only thing is that it'll support DirectX 10, and your card does not.

Well, my p4 is a dual core, so what I (and the company that sold me the computer) mean is that two two cores at 3Ghz run together to produce a speed equivilant of 5.6Ghz, but no matter.

So, can I play on high settings (not THE best, but pretty top end with just a bit of AA and about 1200x800 res (forgot actual # lol).

Also, about Directx10 cards, I won't spend 600-800 bucks on a 8800, and I don't have Vista. Are there perhaps any cards from Nvidia or ATI that will be released with equivelent to 7950gt atleast, but with d10 capability and a price roughly the same as a 7950? Thanks a lot.

Maybe the 8800GS or something when it comes out. How do you have a dual-core P4? Or do you have 2 spererate processors.

tomirlik said:

Is that a serious question then? Jeeze man I envy your PC! :D :( :eek:

tomirlik said:
Well, my p4 is a dual core, so what I (and the company that sold me the computer) mean is that two two cores at 3Ghz run together to produce a speed equivilant of 5.6Ghz, but no matter.

that doesn't mean your cpu is running at 5.6GHz (it's just that both cores are running at 3 GHz)

borat_sagdiyev said:
the company that sold it to you scammed you. whats the company's name?

What do you mean scammed him? :confused: A little lost on that one bro. lol. Explain! :D

Back
Top Bottom