This Monitor Gor 8800Gtx?

themega

Beta member
Can this monitor bring really beautiful visuals with the 8800gtx?
People have been saying that 1600x1200 brings out the best of
a 8800gtx, but it's way too pricey for my budget. So can this monitor give some performance or maybe even alot?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116375

P.S. Should I go with widescreen? Widescreen seems luxurious, but some game may not offer widescreen option; people advise me to just lower down a resolution, but what's the resolution one step below a widescreen?

PLEASE HELP

not really happy with viewsonic monitors. I like Samsung monitors better. But its up to you.

Even though this is hijacking the thread in a way, but I don't think it's worth making a new thread about.

How important is the contrast ratio? Is higher better?

I think higher is better. Most things that are higher typically are better so naturally I would assume so.:)

cabbspapp said:
How important is the contrast ratio? Is higher better?

higher is better yes. The contrast ratio is the extent at which the monitor can display really dark darks along with really bright brights. The higher the contrast ratio the better the monitor can display images with more brilliance.

Plus higher resolution displays more pixels which corresponds into more colors which results in a better image. :)

Ð88 said:
higher is better yes. The contrast ratio is the extent at which the monitor can display really dark darks along with really bright brights. The higher the contrast ratio the better the monitor can display images with more brilliance.

That's a good thing to know, my CRT I'm using right now does that a lot when there is something really bright on the screen.

thats actually a decent moniter, i must say im impressed. i was going to suggest an acer moniter, but this one beats it.

and just incase your wondering why acer, they are dependable, good quality moniters.

Back
Top Bottom