help with lag

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I've been getting a lot of lag on my computer letly. My ping is usually at about 70, but I still get bad lag. I did some research, and read about renaming bf2.exe to something else. I did that, and punkbuster kicked me off, but there was no lag. What can I do to fix the lag?

Renaming bf2.exe was great, but for some reason EA decided to forbid anyone from renaming the file. Join servers where your ping is under 100, and a little more ram could help, BF2 loves ram.

yeah. I seems like ram, becuase when I close every stinking process, it is a bit better. maybe another gig is in my future.

Ping is not a reflection of RAM of we're talking straight internet connection. However if it's in-game lag from hardware, I'd tone the graphics down a tad and try it then.

^yup. Lag is not having a low fps, low fps is low fps and is because of the hardware, lag is because of internet connection/server problems etc.

But since the ping is ok it might just be the server. Does it happen on all servers? And most importantly on servers with different amounts of players.

Lag generally is associated with a bad internet connection, try different ports or try removing a firewall if there is one. Either that or try finding lower latency servers. I usually search for >50ms pings.

Jenox said:
Lag generally is associated with a bad internet connection, try different ports or try removing a firewall if there is one. Either that or try finding lower latency servers. I usually search for >50ms pings.

I think you mean <50 :p

Back
Top Bottom