9700 Zalman review+ Instal tips

MattieDaShark83 said:
I'll be overclocking soon! I've been in the hunt trying to get rid of this freaking WERbb39.dir00\Mini030607-02.dmp & WERbb39.dir00\sysdata.xml error. Seems like I'll get right into the middle of a game and it locks up and resets. 81 drivers to search and i've gotta find the conflict. 45C thats a nice temp! I've got my Qfan diasabled and just keep mine running 2800rpm. And its still quiter than my case fan!
Yeah, I don't use any of those smart overclocking tools. Although for some reason when the CPU is not under load, it decreases the multiplier to 6, even though the FSB and multiplier settings are set to manual. I don't really mind, it's probably better for the CPU anyway.

Those errors are not from overclock tools. Can't figure out if its my memory or a bad drive causing it. O well I did do some testing today. Right now I'm running 3.1Ghz

Heres a ambient screenshot
Overclock-1.jpg

And this is at full load (caught temp in the middle bounces up and down with high of 51C and a low of 42C)
Loadedwithtemp.jpg

Got my Zalman today and have to say it was much easier to install than i thought it would be, didnt even have to remove the mobo, perhaps its easier on AMD than Intel?

So far my cpu is 23c instead of the usual 35c and mobo is about 8c colder, gfx r also 6-10c and hdd is 13c colder! lol its cooled everything down, so im happy, will have to test it all under load when i get a chance. And yeah its huge and weighs a lot!! Lol

There is only one clip to install for the AMD. its the one that holds the zalman onto the cpu. That was the only difficult part tho, It needed to be pushed between the heatpipes then turned around, and that was hard to do, it was too tight and hard to grip the heatsink, In the end i used a small screwdriver to convince it to move lol. I looked in the manual at the core duo installation, they look a lot harder.

Back
Top Bottom