ASUS RMA Service Sucks!

Drain You

In Runtime
Alright , Im pretty pissed. So it starts I bought a M2n4 SLI motherboard, everything worked fine for about 3 months, then my computer crapped out. I brought it to a repair shop they said it was a faulty motherboard. So I call ASUS and they say I should send it in They tell me they will keep it a maximium of 10 days then they will send me mine or a replacement back. So I send it and I wait, wait, wait. It arrived there on Valentines Day, So I call. They tell me there have been no updates on my RMA. I call again the next day and he says well it seems we have lost your motherbaord. Apperently the serial number they have on my name doesnt match the type of motherbaord I sent, so they said they are gonna work on getting me a replacement. So in conclusion, aviod ASUS's RMA at all costs.

That sucks that you have had a problem. Mistakes do happen at times. Are you sure you sent them the correct information before sending in the board? I've sent in two boards for RMA in the past and have had no problems at all. In fact, the whole process took about ten days. So in conclusion, I will continue to use Asus' RMA warranty service when needed. :D

Yea, im pretty sure I gave them everything correctly, I save the boxes and packaging from all my computer parts. They have in their log my Asus M2n4 SLi board arrived there on valentines day, but now they said its a P5B motherbaord or something.

Yea, that's odd. Maybe you could go back through your RMA request and subsequent emails to make sure you and Asus were on the same page. Maybe some numbers got transposed.

I hate ASUS on a lot of things. For one their website and download services SUCK. They cap my mega-internet to about 7KB/s. Not only that their drivers never worked. So, I made the switch to ABIT. MUCH better company IMO.

Ya I don't know if i'll buy from them again. I've searched throught there website tonight looking for the memory qualfyed vendor list. The manual gives a old list but it says to go to asus.com to get a update. They can't just give you a direct url I have no freaking clue were its at. So I tried to email them they want serial numbers and crap from every freaking component in your system. O well I wonder if i'll get a email back.

Yea, their services went downhill from a couple years ago from what Ive heard. If i dont get an email in a couple days im gonna try and see if somehow I can just get a refund.

when i used ASUS RMA last year, everything went smoothly. You did register your motherboard right?

Back
Top Bottom