which one is better

I have never tried Opera.

I use Firefox all the time. It seems to run nicely, pages load quickly, etcetera, etcetera . . . :D

I use opera mini on my cellphone. Only because the default browser doesn't support html only wpa files. For the desktop I've been using firefox from version 1.5-2.02 and love it. The biggest plus with firefox are the thousands of extensions that are available for it! Example the extension for bitcomet that intergrates right into the download so it automatically goes to bitcomet rather than saving urls.

They're both great so it's hard to choose. I'll share what I think about each one:

Firefox:
PROS:
  • Loads pages quickly
  • More secure than IE
  • Lots of themes and extensions to choose from
  • Built in spell check
  • Open Source
CONS:
  • Uses a lot of memory with multiple tabs and extensions
  • More flaws seem to be found as it gets more popular
  • Could be a better selection of themes
Opera:
PROS:
  • Lightweight for the most part
  • Very secure
  • Widgets are a nice touch
CONS:
  • Not as popular as other browsers
  • Interface is somewhat confusing if you've never used it before
  • Isn't compatible with programs that use toolbars such as roboform
It's hard to choose which one is better. I think I'll probably have to say firefox since it works with roboform. I have both installed on my PC and I use both. Opera has built in torrent support which is nice so I use it for that sometimes, firefox has better add ons which I use on a regular basis. It is a close call though and it's hard to choose between those two.

AlexF1224 said:
I'm going to vote Opera because its the fastest and safest (and some other reasons too I guess). For proof on how and why firefox is not all it is cut out to be read this: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/FirefoxMyths.html

I agree. I'd give opera the vote and use it full time IF it could work with roboform. That's the only reason that's holding me back from using it full time. I like using roboform because I'm too lazy to remember all my passwords and type them when I need to login somewhere.

It's all up to you. Some don't like Firefox, some don't like Opera.

troy272 said:
They're both great so it's hard to choose. I'll share what I think about each one:

Firefox:
PROS:
  • Loads pages quickly
  • More secure than IE
  • Lots of themes and extensions to choose from
  • Built in spell check
  • Open Source
CONS:
  • Uses a lot of memory with multiple tabs and extensions
  • More flaws seem to be found as it gets more popular
  • Could be a better selection of themes
Opera:
PROS:
  • Lightweight for the most part
  • Very secure
  • Widgets are a nice touch
CONS:
  • Not as popular as other browsers
  • Interface is somewhat confusing if you've never used it before
  • Isn't compatible with programs that use toolbars such as roboform
It's hard to choose which one is better. I think I'll probably have to say firefox since it works with roboform. I have both installed on my PC and I use both. Opera has built in torrent support which is nice so I use it for that sometimes, firefox has better add ons which I use on a regular basis. It is a close call though and it's hard to choose between those two.

YOu pretty much sumed it up quite nice. +1 rep. :)

I choose Firefox basically because it offers me more customization on how it looks and add-ons....I think both are good browsers and it's down to personal preference, but I personally prefer Firefox.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom