New, FREE rig, -merged-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: new FREE rig (in sig)

TheBurninator said:
Ok ok here's the deal. Bullzi IM's me on MSN and tells me what's up, about the computers. At first I'm like, hmm I don't think so. Then he tells us (this is on Ventrilo, a teamspeak program) to ask for his dad, Tony Melise, up in Dell support, so he can get a discount. So at this point I'm skeptical, but nonetheless excited. I look him up on an online New York (where he lives) phonebook, and I find an Anthony Melise. So he's not making bullshit up. He wouldn't have given us his real name, and eventually his home address...

The next day we're talking, and he's explaining the specs of the computer he's gonna build us, the same one's we requested the day before, to exact detail, showing that he wrote it down. Bullzi then asked him if he could ship the peripherals for us to use before he builds the actual rig, and he agrees. So apparently, he's going to ship everything BUT the computer itself on Saturday, and it will arrive on Thursday. That will be the determining factor in this wild controversy.

And we're definately not giving our real names, but telling him to send them to InsaniTech inc. for me, and something else for Bullzi.

So we'll see how this goes. If it does come in... Naner naner boo boo... LOL

Corey
For the phonebook, he could've been looking in the same phonebook and read the address out of there.
And as for writing it down...he could've just recorded the session.

I'm not saying don't try it, just be skeptical. Did you give him your address yet?? Hopefully you didn't. Instead of giving a real address, find some abandoned house and use it as a drop site. Make sure he gives you a package tracking number. When the package is supposed to arrive, scope out the drop site from a distance where you can't be seen. (not inside the place though) If there's a legit delivery guy there, you can go sign for the package, but I would recommend letting him leave one of those attempted delivery notices, and then sign that so the guy is allowed to leave the package on the doorstep for you to pick up the next day.

Don't ask how I know that, haha. :p Not trying to rain on your parade, just caring about a fellow member's safety.

If you actually by some miracle get it, be sure to shoot PM's around :D

^Ya that just gave me an idea, what if this is the next unibomber who is trying to lure people by saying hes sending very expensive free gifts yet its really a bomb...thats scaring me thinking about it, i'm not trying to scare ya away just be careful I wouldn't want someone dying from that!!! if it does work send a pm :D :D :D

hascet said:
^Ya that just gave me an idea, what if this is the next unibomber who is trying to lure people by saying hes sending very expensive free gifts yet its really a bomb...thats scaring me thinking about it, but i don't want someone to die from it so just be careful!!!
Seriously, you never know. You really have to be careful. Honest to God, there were these people who live in a neighborhood not far from mine (about 5-10 miles away) who were busted for having homemade bombs inside their house for some terrorist plot they had.

But I didnt Bullzi also say other ppl have used thsi guys computers too. Well if he is legit I'm sure he cant afford to give us all $4000 pcs, but some parts here and there wouldnt be too bad...
lol, tell us how it goes plz. and tell us if you get a trakcing number, and the wieght of the package and all to see if it matches what should be in it.

you can add me to list of ppl that are gonna get a pm if this whole thing works out good, no strings attached. Thats pretty sweet

I'll admit, I've been generous enough to do things to random people on the internet, for instance in World of Warcraft I've willingly bought low level characters the best gear for their level and enchanted all of it, costing a fortune, but I still did it nonetheless. However, spending upwards of $4,000 for no reason whatsoever, I doubt it to be true. But, there are rare occasions where nice things do happen, but I wouldn't get your hopes to high only to find out it was a scam. Just a word of caution is all.

macbook said:
too good to be true..
Exactly, that's what I told him, ah well, on his head be it, if he goes ahead with it, he's only got himself to blame, hasn't he?

Still too good to be true. i'm still skeptical. you never said if you cleared it up with your parents....

drumthrasher said:
can he make me a free kick butt rig?!

If you have the money, I don't see why not. It's just that most people aren't stupid/nice enough to just give away a several-thousand dollar PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom