2.66ghz
256mb ddr
intergrated graphics
? psu
? mobo
:p
they do but at the moment GHZ is no longer the way to go when buying as cpui
its all bout l2cache and fsb

other than one they said get cheaper RAM those timings are HORRIBLE for that price i got 4 CAS for 180$ US 2gigs

@muz
i only got 64kb L1 and 256kb L2 the 2.66 has 256kb L1 512kb L2 and no cache is not everything but a lot. AMD has more L1 cache Intel has more L2 cache and AMD's clocks are a lot slower and Intels cores are better(not counting the quads) but amd's are still better at gaming just not multitasking and OC

rudster816 said:
other than one they said get cheaper RAM those timings are HORRIBLE for that price i got 4 CAS for 180$ US 2gigs
What was the frequency of your RAM? That stuff runs at 1066 MHz, it'll destroy your RAM in terms of performance.

rudster, please reduce the size of your signature, it can only be 5 lines long!
And as for that "fact" that humans can only see 14 FPS, that's completely untrue. Can you cite any reliable sources saying that?? Didn't think so...

rudster816 said:
@muz
i only got 64kb L1 and 256kb L2 the 2.66 has 256kb L1 512kb L2 and no cache is not everything but a lot. AMD has more L1 cache Intel has more L2 cache and AMD's clocks are a lot slower and Intels cores are better(not counting the quads) but amd's are still better at gaming just not multitasking and OC

Sig limit = 5 lines!

Depends on what you want it for, Intel may suit you AMD might suit you. AMD better pull something outta their asses to beat the new Core 2 Duo's.

I personally prefer Intel, but only because I have never had an AMD. I would like a decent AMD one day just to see what they are like..

rudster816 said:
@muz

core 2's kick amd's in the a** when it comes to gaming and pretty much everything

rudster816 said:
@muz
That's also completely untrue. Please research your stuff before giving people advice, okay?

A Core 2 Duo, say the E6600, will beat a similar priced AMD, say the Athlon 5600+ ($20 more), easily.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=432&model2=475&chart=169

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=432&model2=611&chart=169

Yeah, everyone knows that core2duos are teh way to go now. They are so much better than anything else. Especially something like that E6600. OC very good too.

Back
Top Bottom