Pentium 4 vs Celeron-D

muz379 said:
amd dual core still gets owned by intel dual core but amd athlon xp , my 2000+ is still performs good , even better when i get my 512mb ram
I heard AMD processors are better for gaming. is that true?

PuNkY said:
I heard AMD processors are better for gaming. is that true?

apparently amd is better for gaming and intel is better for multitasking. i dont pay much attention to the gaming side though. im pleased with my core 2 duo. very pleased indeed. especially for a laptop

dude_se said:
apparently amd is better for gaming and intel is better for multitasking. i dont pay much attention to the gaming side though. im pleased with my core 2 duo. very pleased indeed. especially for a laptop
i have not yet to experience core 2 due just yet. the fastest processor ive used is pentium-d.

freestyler105 said:
A Core 2 Duo will be better than the similar priced Athlon in any application.

oh really? 5000+ was always better than the E6400 and 5200+ is closer now.

and the celeron can run 64-bit programs, celeron newer yet more crap version of the Prescott CPU, but still alot cheaper

dude_se said:

This statement was mostly true, until the Core 2 Duo came out. It currently is better than what AMD has to offer right now.

Celeron D and Pentium 4 processors are similar in a lot of aspects. on some benchmarks the Celeron D will be better but on others the Pentium 4 will be better, it really varies on the benchmark. I'd still recommend the Pentium 4 over the Celeron D though.

P4 is the answer.
Celeron is the cheap s**t that old people and many school systems use.

Trust me you're not alone.. Not too long ago (till 2004) I was using a Pentium 150Mhz PC with 64MB ram and 12GB Hard drive with Windows 95.

...hey, at least it was a pentium :D

I have a Celeron and despite it being "crap" it runs pretty good. I agree that the P4s are better. My friend has a P4 and it runs better than my Celeron.

Celerons aren't bad for what they are designed for. They are for the person who doesn't game or do anything CPU-heavy. But they still OC pretty nice though.

Back
Top Bottom