Post count suggestion

David Lindon said:
Jenox if you are reading: thats another system implemented :D

Ya know man, as much of a hardass or whatever as i come across to be, don't pay it much attention. I'm the kind of guy that hates when the authorities don't seem to care much. And I got that vibe from you due to the whole lack of response to that jokes thing. I knew that you implemented things, I never said you didn't, what I did say was how often or how much things have gotten implemented in the suggestions forum.

In either case, I completely agree with the OP. Social Lounge, in EVERY forum, regardless of what type, is an easy place to rack up post count. Jeeze, ask Tommy Boy, freestyle, and myself. We had a period of maybe a half an hour of non-stop posting between 5 threads, we jumped maybe, 20 or 30 posts in a short amount of time. So I do see where the OP is coming from, and I do agree to a good extent.

how to you become a priveledged member then? is it down to how useful your posts are in the social lounge?

yea im guessing david or the mods select them im just wondering what qualities they are looking for

I agree post counts shouldn't count in the social lounge, but that would leave a lot of people without post counts what-so-ever!

you get to be a privellaged member with your own title by being a good egg and heling loads of people with their problems.
you'll notice that the custom title is given to different people regardless of the amount of time they've been here or amount of posts they have, it's entierly based on their helpfullness of others. and the quality of the advice that they post.

generally what happens is that a thread gets posted in the staff lounge saying that someone feels that a user deserves a custom title, and then assuming everyone agrees the usually get one.

They are doing it gradualy I think for everyone (or the people who use the forum alot?) So they dont get the abusers putting nasty stuff in there I would guess?

The custom titles are for people chosen by the mods/admin/whoever that help a lot. :)

I'm also against having no post count in the social lounge.

Some forums have the posts count in the social lounge or lobby as it's called at my place. Having them on or off just depends on the member base you have. Some are mostly social gathering places while some are a bit more serious. At my place the admins and members agreed to having them off. It works for us.

how to you become a priveledged member then? is it down to how useful your posts are in the social lounge?

The way it works is like this: If a member is helpful,constructive,And contributes to the forum and it's member's..Then the mods will bring up that member in the staff lounge resulting in an option to change your own title under your name.

As far as the post count option goes, i believe it will be kept on...Although all it is to some member's is a race, it's still nice to have them counted just for a status purpose for David's reasons. Posts per day / per year..ect.

Back
Top Bottom