Post count suggestion

Daeva

In Runtime
I was making an observation recently and I thought of something. Maybe it's dumb, maybe i'm on to something, or maybe i'm going to piss a lot of people off(not my intention). I notice many users with 5,6,7000 + posts. Thats great, and these people are guru's or higher.

My point(and i'm not pointing fingers at any one person), is that since computer forums is about information integrity, maybe we should modify the "ranking" system in such a way that posts in the social lounge don't count toward "rank". Is a CF Guru still a guru if 2,000 of their 2,500 posts are in the social lounge? Just an idea to maybe drum up some activity in otherwise slow posts. I normally see around 50-115 people viewing the social lounge, and not that thats a bad thing, especially since most of those are guests(again, not pointing fingers). Just a humble observation/suggestion on the part of me.

So basically what you're saying is make your posts in the social lounge not count towards your post count.

It has been suggested before, not too many people liked it. I'm not a big fan either.

This probably falls under "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Normally thats what I would say too, but I think it's justified in the fact that users with guru or senior member etc... rankings give more reputation than other users. I don't know really, just something I thought of, you're probably right on not fixing it though.

Like Tommy said, this has been suggested before, and it never happened.

And by the time you've been here long enough or done enough to get that many posts, you deserve it anyway.

if it aint broke dont fix it...

and the people who are most helpful in the general suggestions get a custom user title too

mark thorpe said:
if it aint broke dont fix it...

and the people who are most helpful in the general suggestions get a custom user title too

interesting... another forum i go on has a section where you do not get a post count. its ok i spose. cf doesnt have a serious problem with spam though and there are some decent posts in the social lounge. its fine as it is imo.

ITs a good point. Most members are against the idea of blocking post count in the social lounge so we came up with the idea of the privelidged system

Jenox if you are reading: thats another system implemented :D

What is the priveledged system? and i like the social lounge, doesnt bother me if posts r counted, its nice to have non pc things mentioned sometimes lol.

Anubis1980 said:
What is the priveledged system? and i like the social lounge, doesnt bother me if posts r counted, its nice to have non pc things mentioned sometimes lol.
See the custom title under my username? Thats what you get when you are a CF privelaged member.

I think the custom titles are neat. I'm also against the removal of the post count in the social lounge, I think it's fine how it is. Like some members have said before, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it :)

Back
Top Bottom