Need help on java!

NeXuS1

Fully Optimized
Here is my assignment

The Game of Nim

This is a well-known game with a number of variants. We will consider the following variant, which has an interesting winning strategy. Two players alternately take marbles from a pile. In each move, a player chooses how many marbles to take. The player must take at least one but at most half of the marbles. Then the other player takes a turn. The player who takes the last marble loses.

Write a program in which the computer plays against a human opponent. Generate a random integer between 10 and 100 to denote the initial size of the pile. Generate a random integer between 0 and 1 to decide whether the computer or the human takes the first turn. Generate a random integer between 0 and 1 to decide whether the computer plays smart or stupid.

In stupid mode, the computer simply takes a random legal value (between 1 and n/2) from the pile whenever it has a turn. In smart mode the computer takes off enough marbles to make the size of the pile a power of two minus 1 - that is, 3, 7, 15, 31, or 63. That is always a legal move, except if the size of the pile is currently one less than a power of 2. In that case, the computer makes a random legal move.

Note that the computer cannot be beaten in smart mode when it has the first move, unless the pile size happens to be 15, 31, or 63. Of course, a human player who has the first turn and knows the winning strategy can win against the computer.
When you implement this program, be sure to use classes Pile, Player, and Game. A player can be either stupid, smart, or human. (Human Player objects prompt for input.)

Here is the pile class

import java.util.Random;
public class Pile
{
private int pileSize;

public Pile()
{
Random randomNumbers = new Random();
pileSize = 10 + randomNumbers.nextInt(91);
}

public int getSize()
{
return pileSize;
}
public void decreaseSize(int input)
{
pileSize = pileSize - input;
}

}

Player class

import java.util.Random;
public class Player
{
boolean stupidMode;
boolean smartMode;
private int computerRandom;
private int human;
private int skill;

public Player()
{
computerRandom = randomNumbers.nextInt(2);
stupidMode = false;
smartMode = false;
if (computerRandom == 0)
stupidMode = true;
else
smartMode = true;
}

public void takeMarbles( Pile p )
{
if (!smartMode)
p.decreaseSize(randomNumbers.nextInt(getSize/2);
}

Game class

import java.util.Scanner;
import java.util.Random;
public class Game
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{

int firstTurn;
int computerInput, humanInput;
Scanner keyboard = new Scanner(System.in);
Pile gamePile = new Pile ();
Player humanPlayer = new Player();
Player compPlayer = new Player();

humanPlayer.takeMarbles(gamePile);
compPlayer.takeMarbles(gamePile);
firstTurn = randomNumbers.nextInt(2);
if (firstTurn == 0)
{
Input = keyboard.nextInt();
}
else

}
}

so, what exactly is it you need to do? The program compiles fine(with a little error checking and fixing), but it doesn't do anything.

Hmmm its a game I pasted the intructions on the beggining before the code.

ok, I think I have a solution, give me a little bit to work through it.

Thats ok I advanced a little I could run it but couldnt made it work correctly.

Back
Top Bottom