Audi or Mercedes ...?

Brookfield said:
Tell me about it!!, last year, I got a two year old Audi A4, 2 litre, well, the one previous owner must have ridden the clutch a lot, because a couple of weeks ago it burnt out in the middle of town in heavy traffic, I just managed to get it in second gear & move off with clouds of stinking smoke, & managed to park it in a side street, half a mile further on, where it finally gave up the ghost, big damage to the flywheel, it was scored, so the repair bill was over £1300, I had no choice, so I had it done, labour was £422, flywheel £469, recovery £65, & this was at the Audi outlet that I bought it from.

haha, quailty german engineering..

ive never had any problems with my pug, and i ride the clutch heavily alot.. ive done 20000 miles in under a year, no problems whatsoever, apart from new disk pads and tyres, but ive never had any problems with the engine.. runs smoothly, and for a 1.4, gives out a pretty decent acceleration.. nothing like what your audi would, but for me, itll do.. im selling my car at the moment (ludacrously high insurance premium.. over a quarter of my annual wage) and buying something i can afford to insure.. im going to go for a daewoo nexia, 1.5.. pretty decent cars from the look of them, bit basic, but itll do for me :)

mark thorpe said:
Ha ha, quailty german engineering, Ive never had any problems with my pug, and i ride the clutch heavily alot.. ive done 20000 miles in under a year, no problems whatsoever, apart from new disk pads and tyres, but ive never had any problems with the engine.. runs smoothly, and for a 1.4, gives out a pretty decent acceleration.. nothing like what your audi would, but for me, but it'll do.. im selling my car at the moment (ludacrously high insurance premium.. over a quarter of my annual wage) and buying something i can afford to insure.. im going to go for a daewoo nexia, 1.5.. pretty decent cars from the look of them, bit basic, but itll do for me :)
My insurance is £328 pa, one of the few advantages of getting old, yesterday I received a form to renew my driving licence, god that ten years went quick, wow!!, when someone asked me about my last avatar, I told them it was taken from my photo driving licence that was issued about five years ago, good grief, I was w-a-a-a-a-y out!, frightening, when's yours up for renewal?

Brookfield said:
A wise buy, as I've said, I have the A4 2.0 SE, mine nearly leaves the ground at 140mph on a test track [I wasn't driving] your's will go into orbit!!, please be very careful on public roads, especially on bends, what was your last car, & how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?, & no, you won't get a lecture from me if you are quite young.

Im 13, Yeah, when turning, it's too responsive, we went OVER the line, it's crazy, and on another busy road, we pushed the pedal a bit too hard, and it looked like it was going to go OVER to the other lane ... =|. Very nice little car tho :)

Brookfield said:
My insurance is £328 pa, one of the few advantages of getting old, yesterday I received a form to renew my driving licence, god that ten years went quick, wow!!, when someone asked me about my last avatar, I told them it was taken from my photo driving licence that was issued about five years ago, good grief, I was w-a-a-a-a-y out!, frightening, when's yours up for renewal?

my car insurance on the 206 is £230 per month, or well over £2,500 for the year. im in the process of selling the 206, and buying the nexia. the nexia is £1100 per year for the insurance..

i am honestly not suprised there are so many people driving around uninsured these days.. i only earn 10K a year, and their expecting me to pay well over 1/4 of that, just to insure my car! its crazy... i dont wanna get rid of my car, its a great lil car, but i just dont have the money to carry on paying out for the insurance..

EDIT; £10,000?, I am surprised, I get just under £7000 after tax, for doing nothing, admittedly I'm old, & I get two pensions, the State one & the Civil Service one, I feel very lucky, it has allowed me to buy several cars, new furniture, new clothes, & I eat well, eating out once a month in a good restaurant, please understand, this isn't boasting, I'm just stating facts.

Maurice

They are also on about charging you for something else now insted of road tax pay per how many miles you do or something daft like that... but you know what will happen.... they put a tracker in every car? Do you for going 1 mile over the limit and also keep road tax aswell as this stupid idea. Oooooo doesnt tony blair love to bend this country over and shaft us! :p

Steff said:
They are also on about charging you for something else now insted of road tax pay per how many miles you do or something daft like that... but you know what will happen.... they put a tracker in every car? Do you for going 1 mile over the limit and also keep road tax aswell as this stupid idea. Oooooo doesnt tony blair love to bend this country over and shaft us! :p
Probably on dodgy territory here, but I can't wait to see the silly b*gger go!!!, it's taken him a long time but he has now apologised, sort of, for taking us into war, & now the cash for honours war has hotted up, stronger than ever, but with Blair's sloping shoulders nothing sticks, a better name would be Teflon Man, is it a bird?......is it a plane?, no it's that idiot Blair the Bush lover.

By the way, i liked your old avatar over the new one Brookfield :p

EDIT: The pic looks out of date?, it looks really old.

Yes, all he ever does is kiss up to bush. Frankly I'm sick off him, he is ment to be for the working class people and all he does is take money of us who work for the people who dont work, now, is that fair? NO! Futher more trying to rape more money out of us!! I mean look at the property market nowdays I'm actualy scared for when I come to try and start a family 2 good wages cant afford a decent house 100,000+ I mean come on, my friend doesnt work she is 18 she has a baby yet she has a decent hose for nothing ;O well I think its discrasefull, anyway, slightly off topic :p

EDIT; I bought my bungalow on the Isle of Wight for £12.000, admittedly it was 32 years ago, a friend of mine an estate agent, recently told me I'd get over £200,000 for it now!!' that's ridiculous, it isn't that large, & it was built over 45 years ago, Tony Blair, bleh!

JikuzeN said:
By the way, i liked your old avatar over the new one Brookfield :p

EDIT: The pic looks out of date?, it looks really old.
You've got it really, really wrong mate, the old one was taken from my photo driving licence ten years ago, when I was 67, the present one was taken quite recently, last autumn in fact, the sun was in my eyes that's having an effect on the way I look I expect, anyway the pic looks old, only because it's me that's old, not the pic!! :D

Back
Top Bottom